10 Ways Your Chamber of Commerce Can Help Your Business Grow
Joining your area’s Chamber of Commerce can be a smart move for your home business. Because businesses that participate in this group promote each other and work together, your own business can grow and prosper quickly. Here are just a few ways you can benefit by joining your local Chamber of Commerce:
– If you make it known that your product or service makes great client or employee gifts, you could wind up with a very nice flow of business from your fellow Chamber members.
– You may be able to line up some lunchtime sales or parties featuring your products at local businesses to help employees with gift shopping (especially at Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day).
– You may qualify for less-expensive health insurance and business insurance available to Chamber of Commerce members.
– You can find out about local events where you might set up a booth and promote your business.
– You’ll meet good, reliable sources for products and services like accounting, printing, computer support, etc.
– You’ll be referred to other Chamber members’ contacts.
– You have a good chance of meeting local retailers who may be interested in carrying your products.
– You’ll have an opportunity to do joint ventures with other local businesses, such as cooperative advertising or trunk shows.
– Your business name can be associated with improving your community, since Chambers of Commerce generally work on civic improvement, legislation favoring local businesses, and economic development.
– You may have access to mentors who can help you develop your business; or you may be able to serve as a mentor to someone else.
These are just a few of the many ways your area’s Chamber of Commerce can give you access to a valuable networking and marketing system. You can find your local Chamber of Commerce in the business listings of your phone book.